I use the creative arts and other social and recreational modalities in a highly individualized way to meet the needs of each client.
My goal as an activities therapist is to:
· Support social engagement and connection
· Renew sense of purpose and dignity
· Encourage self-confidence and boost self-esteem
· Promote vitality and well-being
· Restore and strengthen meaning in life
· Inspire and uplift
· Nurture creative expression
· Provide opportunities for self-reflection
· Cultivate moments of joy
· Explore intellectual interests and personal hobbies
· Recover cherished memories
· Provide respite for family members
Some examples of the types of activities I use are:
For family and professional caregivers interested in consultation services please click here.